County Clerk’s Office
County Clerk Employees
- Donald R. Basham, Jr., Fiduciary Supervisor
- Ann Slatton, Deputy Clerk
- Susan Rutherford, Deputy Clerk
- Joshua Cox, Deputy Clerk
- Kristina Lipscomb, Deputy Clerk
County Clerk Information
Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM
County Clerk’s Office
120 Ballengee Street, Suite 106
Hinton, WV 25951
(304) 466-7146 fax
Summers County Clerk
- Voter Registration
- Train election poll workers - work with political parties to get election poll workers
- Count ballots following elections, canvass and certify results
- Provide a list of the number of votes cast per precinct to the public
- File for Political Office, Early and Absentee Voting
- Maintain payroll for all county employees
- Accounts Payable for county
- Maintain all county financial records
- Maintain all orders of County Commission
- Record minutes of County Commission
Use the County Clerk's office to:
- To access copies of records
- File deeds, trust deeds, births, marriages, deaths, miscellaneous judgments and plat and survey maps
- Register to vote, change party affiliation/address/last name on voter registration
- File wills and estates with the Fiduciary Supervisor
- Real estate research
- Genealogy research
- Issue marriage licenses (Same day - no waiting period or blood test - $57.00 Cash or Money Order ONLY)
- Record oil/gas leases
- Justification of Surety (for Property Bond)
Special Programs/Services offered by this office:
- Set up special voters registration programs
- Speak with groups about the election process
- Candidates filing for office and submitting their campaign financial statements
Instructions for Accessing Documents Online:
- Enter the last name, then first name (if known), and hit Enter.
- At the left of the appropriate document if the word "Image" appears this means this document has been scanned and may be printed.
- Click on the word "Image" to view the document.
- If you wish to print the document, close the "Image" window.
- Click on New Account and create an account. If you already created an account, just click on login and enter your information.
- Once you've created an account, click on the Help icon, then click on Credit Cards at the left. This will guide you through the payment process.
NOTICE: Online Documents are indexed from the year 2005 through present.
Documents will reflect whether they are verified or unverified.
Link to Access Online Documents: http://220.127.116.11/
Link to Access ARP Funding Request Portal
Use this link to see how the Summers County Courthouse portion of your Tax dollars are spent