County Clerk’s Office
County Clerk Employees
- Mary Beth Merritt, County Clerk
- Donald R. Basham, Jr., Fiduciary Supervisor
- Lynn Reed, Deputy Clerk
- Debbie Bowling, Deputy Clerk
- Ann Slatton, Deputy Clerk
- Sarah Wheby, Deputy Clerk
- Kimberly Foster, Deputy Clerk
County Clerk Information
Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM
County Clerk’s Office
120 Ballengee Street, Suite 106
Hinton, WV 25951
(304) 466-7146 fax
Summers County Clerk
- Voter Registration
- Train election poll workers - work with political parties to get election poll workers
- Count ballots following elections, canvass and certify results
- Provide a list of the number of votes cast per precinct to the public
- File for Political Office, Early and Absentee Voting
- Maintain payroll for all county employees
- Accounts Payable for county
- Maintain all county financial records
- Maintain all orders of County Commission
- Record minutes of County Commission
Use the County Clerk's office to:
- To access copies of records, Register to vote, change party affiliation/address/last name on voter registration
- File deeds, trust deeds, births, marriages, deaths, miscellaneous judgments and plat and survey maps
- File wills and estates with Fiduciary Supervisor
- Real estate researches
- Genealogy research
- Issue marriage licenses (Same day - $56.00 cash or money order only, no waiting period or blood test)
- Record oil/gas leases
- Justification of Surety (for Property Bond)
Special Programs/Services offered by this office:
- Set up special voters registration programs
- Speak with groups about the election process
- Candidates filing for office and submitting their campaign financial statements
Instructions for Accessing Documents Online:
- Enter the last name, then first name (if known), and hit Enter.
- At the left of the appropriate document if the word "Image" appears this means this document has been scanned and may be printed.
- Click on the word "Image" to view the document.
- If you wish to print the document, close the "Image" window.
- Click on New Account and create an account. If you already created an account, just click on login and enter your information.
- Once you've created an account, click on the Help icon, then click on Credit Cards at the left. This will guide you through the payment process.
NOTICE: Online Documents are indexed from the year 2005 through present.
Documents will reflect whether they are verified or unverified.
Link to Access Online Documents: http://18.104.22.168/
Application for Certified Copy of Birth
Application for Certified Copy of Marriage
Application for Certified Copy of Death
West Virginia Open Government Proceedings Act
Estates and Probate
Voter Registration Form
Application for Absentee Ballot
Notice: Statewide Absentee Ballot Applications
Summers County Precinct List
Democrat Style 1 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 1, 4A, 12, 13, 15, 17, 22, 23, 26, 27, 30
Democrat Style 2 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 4, 9, 11
Democrat Style 3 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precinct 32
Republican Style 1 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 1, 4A, 12, 13, 15, 17, 22, 23, 26, 27, 30
Republican Style 2 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 4, 9, 11
Republican Style 3 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precinct 32
Non-Partisan Style 1 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 1, 4A, 12, 13, 15, 17, 22, 23, 26, 27, 30, 32
Non-Partisan Style 2 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 4, 9, 11