Election and other information
County Clerk Employees
- Mary Beth Merritt, County Clerk
- Donald R. Basham, Jr., Fiduciary Supervisor
- Lynn Reed, Deputy Clerk
- Ann Slatton, Deputy Clerk
- Sarah Wheby, Deputy Clerk
- Kimberly Foster, Deputy Clerk
County Clerk Information
Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM
County Clerk’s Office
120 Ballengee Street, Suite 106
Hinton, WV 25951
(304) 466-7146 fax
Local Election Information
What is a Poll Worker and How do I become One?
The Summers County Republican and Democratic Executive Committees are looking for individuals who can spare a day, help their community, and get paid ($150) for working on Election Day as a Poll Worker. Be one of the nearly 100 individuals hired to staff the 14 precincts on Election Days.
Why am I needed?
- Without Poll workers, elections cannot be held.
- Poll workers help to make sure that an election is fair and impartial according to the election laws of the State of West Virginia.
Am I Eligible?
Yes if you are..
- A registered voter in Summers County.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Willing to attend a paid training session.
- Available for current or future elections. If you have any additional questions, please call (304) 466-7104 and ask to speak with a County Clerk's Office.
What do I have to do?
- Attend a paid ($50), one-hour training session.
- Report to work at 5:30 a.m. on Election Day and serve until duties are completed after the polls close at 7:30 p.m.
- Poll workers must pick up and return election supplies to the Court House. - Set up the voting booths.
- Put up election signs.
- Verify voter eligibility.
- Process voters.
- Issues ballots to voters.
- Other miscellaneous duties.
- Dismantle voting booths and pack up all supplies after the polls close at 7:30 p.m.
Where will I work?
- Many buildings such as schools, libraries, churches, and township halls are used as polling locations.
- Every effort is made to place you at a convenient location whenever possible.
How do I sign up?
Contact the County Clerk at 466-7104.
Application for Certified Copy of Birth
Application for Certified Copy of Marriage
Application for Certified Copy of Death
West Virginia Open Government Proceedings Act
Estates and Probate
Voter Registration Form
Application for Absentee Ballot
Notice: Statewide Absentee Ballot Applications
Democrat Style 1 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 1, 4A, 12, 13, 15, 17, 22, 23, 26, 27, 30
Democrat Style 2 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 4, 9, 11
Democrat Style 3 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precinct 32
Republican Style 1 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 1, 4A, 12, 13, 15, 17, 22, 23, 26, 27, 30
Republican Style 2 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 4, 9, 11
Republican Style 3 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precinct 32
Non-Partisan Style 1 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 1, 4A, 12, 13, 15, 17, 22, 23, 26, 27, 30, 32
Non-Partisan Style 2 (SAMPLE BALLOT) - Precincts 4, 9, 11
Updated Summers County Precinct List
Unofficial Totals for 2020 Primary Election
Official Results for 2020 Primary Election